Sunday, September 27, 2015

Warren: 'I fully understand' global banking system



Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) is pushing back at criticism she doesn’t completely comprehend global finance, saying banks might even like it better that way.
“The problem is not that I don’t fully understand the global banking system,” Warren said during an interview with The Huffington Post’s “So That Happened,” which aired on Thursday night.
“The problem for these guys is that I fully understand the system, and I understand how they make their money,” she said. “And that’s what they don’t like about me.”
Warren was striking back against JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon for comments he made about her financial knowledge earlier this week.
“I don’t know if she fully understands the global banking system,” Dimon said on Wednesday during an event in Chicago.
Warren also doubled down on her recent criticism of the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement.
“Look, I believe that TPP could give too much to multinational corporations and not be a good deal for America’s working families,” she said.
“This is not personal; I have gone back and forth with the president over what I believe are the risks associated with this deal,” Warren added of her disagreements with President Obama over the deal’s details.

No comments:

Post a Comment